Barga.ca is a Canadian online auction platform. We provide an online auction showroom for a wide variety of insurance salvage items. These items come from Canadian insurance companies. We are expanding our team and looking to fill a role in our marketing/promotional department.
ROLE: Marketing/Promotional Representative
Reporting to the President/Owner, the Marketing and Promotional Representative is responsible for developing and executing strategic marketing plans for the organization. This individual will review the existing marketing plan and propose their own ideas to enhance and develop an increase sales growth. The marketing and promotional related activities will maintain the product brand through various channels meeting measurable objectives and goals of the marketing program.
Essential Job Function
- Operational Management – A full understanding of our business model will enable this individual to comprehend the structure and the needs of our clients. A review of the operation and the quality control system will be evaluated with the marketing and promotional program in mind. The goal is to attract and retain clients through this program. Ability to work within this structure to fully answer inquiries. Work with our site coordinators to monitor activities and determine when and how to launch marketing related activities within the region and or demographics. Maintain our brand and determine areas of focus to enhance the brand and therefore loyalty to our business model. Work with the President/Owner to set and review marketing / promotional budgets. To work within and maintain spending within the budget.
2. Product Development – Identify areas of weakness within the organization that affect the marketing / promotional goals. Assist with the restructure of the marketing / promotional program to reach and retain new clients. Contact prospective clients to set up personal meetings to introduce the concept and or new features of our product. Build and maintain relationships with our existing clients. Identify challenges that may affect retention and develop a marketing / promotional program to address the same. Develop a sales follow-up program to ensure quality control and identify areas of success and challenges. Identify industry conventions, seminars, attend and implement a promotional plan. Identify selective industry related activities with the intent on identifying sponsorship opportunities while promoting our brand at the functions. (i.e. golf tournaments, curling bonspiels etc.)
3. Sales Development – Identify the diverse needs of various industries we serve. Implement varying and specific plans for different markets. Develop and maintain sales that will ensure effective and transparent transactions while adhering to the Privacy Act.Review our website and ensure that our sales activities mirror our statements. Identify regional needs and implement specific sales approach within those regions.
- Business or marketing/promotional studies
- Sound understanding of marketing principles
- Ability to reach out to new customers and new markets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present to groups
- High level of attention to details and accuracy with excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated and creative with the ability to work unsupervised
- Full understanding and ability to navigate in-depth searches of the internet
- Full ability to use Microsoft word and excel along with shared calendars
- Ability and flexibility to travel within Canada for 2 to 3 days consecutively
- Ability to work flex hours
Other beneficial assets:
- Own reliable vehicle
- Own laptop
- Would be a great role for a recent graduate or as a Summer internship
Interested candidates please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you. Only those selected will be contacted for an interview.